View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinudig
Elder
Contributor

re: World-wide 24-hour gaming event tomorrow!

Saturday, October 25, 2014 Extra Life.org is sponsoring an event tomorrow that brings gamers closer together with health care providers for the benefit of children in need.

Extra Life.org is raising funds for Children’s Miracle Network Hospital - get friends and family to sponsor you for 24 hours of game play. Sponsors donate $1.00 for every hour played.

I checked out the website and was pleased to find that Extra Life donates 100% of funds raised (according to FAQ info, and multiple mentions throughout site), and also appealing is the fact that when you sign up, you get to direct the funds you raise to the location of your choice. This appeals to me since this gives me a way to donate to my local health care community.

I set up a Wook-team account - link below. Registration is painless - you don't need to put in personal info if you choose not to.

http://www.extra-life.org/team/wookguild

Please check out the info. Although this is very last minute for the event tomorrow, we can still raise funds over time. Children's Miracle Network Hospital is a huge resource for kids with acute medical needs but without access to health care. There are a few of us in the guild that work in the medical industry who can attest to the need for children's medical services across the country. Thank you all for taking a moment to read this.

WOOK!!

P.S. I've been trying to donate this afternoon, to get the ball rolling; I'm in a weird web-page circle at the moment, being logged into the account I'm trying to donate to. Q.Q

KlawKlaw
Elder
Contributor

re: World-wide 24-hour gaming event tomorrow!

Nice find, Monk.    Bringing a greater purpose to our gaming adventures!

I'll do that when I get home later.

Kinudig
Elder
Contributor

re: Give yourself a hand!

Thanks to all who participated and supported the Extra Life fundraiser event this weekend - I can't thank you enough!

This was a short notice event, and I kept our goal humble and obtainable because of this. But I can't help feeling that I was overly cautious with the caliber and character of this fine bunch of people. Note the following:

kinudig,

You came, you saw, you conquered!  Congratulations on another donation and for reaching your fundraising goal with Extra Life.  Your commitment and compassion translates to lifesaving care and equipment for local kids, and we couldn't be happier that you gave of your time and your voice to make this happen.

We wanted to also challenge you to take your Extra Life game to the next level.  Over the years we've come to realize that when a potential donor comes by a participant page they are nearly 5 times more likely to make a gift if that person's fundraising goal is not yet reached. Consider raising the bar (and your fundraising goal) a little at a time to keep pushing yourself onward and upward for the kids.

Then again you might be pooped from all that fundraising.  So we totally respect that you may need to move on to other things.

Thanks for all that you've already done.

Mike KinneyTeam Extra Life
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

And I am quite encouraged to continue the effort - keep an eye open for future events. We will have some fun Wook-sponsored mini-fundraisers in the future that will included rewards both real-life and in-game.

Also *we need team members* - keep it in mind. As you can see, it's not a huge undertaking, and I think the fact that we have so much control over the whole event, from manageable goals to focus on our own local children's hospitals in our own communities, to self-determining calendar events, is a huge plus.

Thanks again all! I'm feeling personally elevated today - looking forward to the next event.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WOOK Forum Index -> The Wookiee Village All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum