View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zerras
Archlord960
Elder
Casual User

re: Conquest Recognitions

Hello everyone,

Now that the bulk of Conquest is over (I know we have some make-ups to address), I just wanted to give a few shout outs to some of our all stars.  Now we all took part or contributed in some small way, but a great deal of our success is due to the tireless efforts and generosity of some members of our roster.  Special thanks go out to Agro and Wystella for their countless hours of gathering, the long-term and strategic thinking of Tragun and others who strategized and provided the longer term plan for our success, and of course Bam for his endless generosities (I would say three cheers for him, but deserving of many more!) in making the guild what it was throughout the conquest season.  It pains me that I might not be aware of everyones individual contributions but the list doesnt end there and so I offer thanks and gratitude to my fellow arboreal dwellers for the the time and dedication that made Wook successful in the last few months. 

Each week we started by putting a million points on the board and demonstrated an uncanny talent for staking our claim in pursuit of a planet. Our raiders raided, our pvpers conquered, our teams ran countless heroics, we defeated scores of world bosses, and we pulled ahead almost everytime in both the most and least competative scenarios.  We have crafted so much material, so many war suppies and invasion forces that the SWTOR galaxy should be properly renamed the WOOK galaxy. We have topped larger guilds, smaller guilds, and even those set directly against us.  Wook, in an unusually focused effort among MMO guilds, demonstrated the power and success of both quality versus quantity and vision and organization in unifying our guild to its exhalted status (just check the conquest boards).

You ALL did a fantastic job! So I end with final thoughts on a truely unique gaming environment; Im not sure if other guilds offer the same experience that we do, but Ill bet they have much to be envious of when it comes to the program set up by our esteemed leadership. 

We can float triumph and ord a small moon or something...><.

Happy Life Day,

Zerras Del-Vonn

P.S. If I skipped anyone, don't be mad, you are awesome too.  Maybe even awesomerer!

Hear! Hear!

Petition to change the name of the guild ship to Agro's Coattails?

Tragun

Scooped!  :)   I was meaning to post a big thank you myself, but Zerras beat me to it.

We did it!  4 months, many battles, 1 loss, 16 wins, surprise assist from an unexpected 3rd party (Drunk Tanks), and a tie to the finish line with Old Republic Dads.

Looks like we have 25 members with the Galaxy Conqueror title today.  Congratulations to everyone.

In addition to the thank you's Zerras made, I would like to make a personal special thanks to all the "little people".  While about 10 of our members put up half our points, 7 times that many people put up the other half.  I want to thank everyone who contributed, and especially those who diverted time from other things to contribute and help.  I am personally touched by those that came together for the whole guild community.

While Zerras already mentioned Bam, I would like to add to that.  I know better than most how much he did for this.  In particular his handling of the "people side" of things, both friend, ally, and foe.  I empathize with how heavy a burden that is.  Enjoy the speeder Bam, you earned it.  :)

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my "grumpiness".  At times I became a little too invested in conquest, and I'm sorry to anyone who bore the brunt of my outbursts in pressure situations.

Looking to the future, we will need to think about how we will handle conquests going forward.  Many members still need planets.  I know I will be able to put up some good numbers in the next 2 weeks.  But for the most part, I'm looking forward to a little bit of rest, and enjoying the holidays.

Some accolades, just for the fun of it:

Most characters to conquest goal in a single week
  Bam, with 15.  Agro came second with 13.
  Other contenders in this category were (in no particular order) Ebay, Forest, Aelerin, Ernesto.
  Agro got the most goals total with 163 over the 17 weeks.

Most points in a single week
  Bam, with 4.9 million (guess which week).  Tragun 2nd (3.1 mil), Drakkit 3rd (2.3 mil).
  Agro topped this category more than anyone else, winning 8 weeks (out of 17).

Most points in a week with a single character
  Bam, 875000.  Drakkit 2nd, 620k.  Tragun 3rd, 469k.
  Other noteables:  Damaone, Varna, Sincru, Agro, Egg, Apoffis.

Best weekly average of characters
  Tragun, 555000.  Drakkit 2nd, 389k.  Agro 3rd, 113k.
  Other noteables:  Bam, R'haegar, Olecranon, Jarcimedes, Avanti, Hitomii, Yolky.
  Olecranon won this more than anyone else with 6 (of 17) weeks.

Best average overall, across all weeks
  Olecranon, with 56000 (harmonic mean).

Most points overall
  Agro, with a come from behind win in the final week at 16.2 MILLION points, topping Bam's 15.98 mil by 250k.  A recount is pending as Agro has taken over data entry (just kidding Agro).  Tragun a distant and forgetable 3rd with a measly 12 mil.

Modesty Award
  Wystella, for contributing a large number of points, but managing to do it without topping the charts in any of the categories, and being so darn cheery about it the whole time.  Thanks Wy.

Wook Stats

An average of 236 characters contributed points, with a max of 308 in a single week.

An average of 73 people contributed points, with a max of 78 in a single week.

Our guild members tend to contribute points on at least 2 characters each, with an average of between 3 and 4.

We generated 168 million points together.  That's an average of about 10 million per week.

An average of 133 characters made their goal per week, with a max of 208 in a single week.

An average of 50 players made their goal per week, with a max of 60.

Our members average about 134000 points per week.

Last edited by Tragun on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:09 am; edited 4 times in total
DareDelvis
Hunter
Casual User

These posts and the stats/facts are a testament to the community of gamers that is WOOK.

Thanks for allowing me to a be a part of it!

Zargelmoe
Elder
Contributor

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum