View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agro
Agro-57
Council
Contributor

re: Router is it hype or does it work?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=33-127-525&Tpk=33-127-525&cm_mmc=SNC-Facebook-_-POST-_-NA-_-NA&nm_mc=SNC-Facebook

Helswolff
Elder
Casual User

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320091

Thats the one I have and i love it.
Kinudig
Elder
Contributor

Said it before and I'll say it again, I love ASUS products.

I'll have to do a little research on that D-Link.
Altos
Altos.
Elder
Contributor

That's the first I've seen of it. I typically play on a wired connection, but haven't had any issues from my Cisco/Linksys router (Wirless G dual band) especially since I put DD-WRT on it as the stock firmware wasn't very capable.

I'm not sure what is special about this one you posted, but if anyone has one, I'd be interested to know how well it works and what it does that sets it aside.

Altos. wrote:
but haven't had any issues from my Cisco/Linksys router (Wirless G dual band) especially since I put DD-WRT on it as the stock firmware wasn't very capable.

Nice - you turned a $100 router into a $2000 commercial grade router Happy

Or at least with the capabilities of one.
Altos
Altos.
Elder
Contributor

Yeah, I started having issues with it about 3 months ago. It would just stop communicating with the wireless printer, TiVo, and a couple other devices. Plus I was getting some odd lag spikes in game.

I looked to see if there was upgraded firmware for it, and couldn't find anything. I've used DD-WRT before, but when I got this router, it wasn't supported. To my surprise, it is now! So I updated, and haven't had any issues at all since. Plus, the QoS in DD-WRT is spectacular, and my PC and my son's PC are wired when playing - so the wired ports get priority over wireless and the wireless devices... they don't have problems with disconnects and reconnecting any more.

Do you actually have a 1Gb internet connection? Or require 1Gb connectivity inside your house for any reason at all?

Even inside a company, most PCs being connected at 1Gbps is insane wasted bandwidth for no good reason, but eh, if your router is already busted ... I don't see why go for a 144Mbps normal router.
Worldkilla

It looks cool, i like that it specifies A/C although ive never read up on it, but the speeds it is claiming, is not internet speed. The speed will be from computer to computer, but not internet to computer. Unless you somehow have that much bandwith going into your house. IMO not worth it

That's why I'll be installing T1 lines into my MMO/Continuing Care Retirement Community plan.

Teh population is getting older, living longer... going to need something to do, right?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WOOK Forum Index -> The Wookiee Village All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum