View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinudig
Elder
Contributor

re: Wanted: SWTOR Crafting App

As I sit here in my campus library with 15 minutes of unscheduled free time on my hands, having finished my musculoskeletal exam early, I was thinking about how freaking cool it would be to have an iPhone or Android app that would allow me to craft on my account characters.

I'm sure I'm not the first to imagine something like this. And I don't mind dreaming out loud about it. But how difficult would it be to develop an app like this on the part of BW?

Imagine having 10 to 15 minutes of time on your hands, you fire up the SWTOR Crafting App, which basically looks just like the in-game comp window, and you get to send out your comps on missions, get a couple purples going, then be on your way. Back to class.

Shit I'm late
Bam
BamWOOK
Guildmaster
Contributor

I too would love such an app.

They don't want access to game via any means other than a PC using their launcher, after agreeing to their EULA and applying their patch.

Logmein works to achieve what you are requesting.

Elder
Contributor

I've started (just) to taking my laptop to work and tethering to my phone to run some crafting and crafting missions on days I know I'm not going to be exceptionally busy.

There was talk of an app that you speak of a looong time ago, right before or right after launch of the game. I don't know that it will ever come to light because of the security involved or the development that would be needed.

But yeah, I'd love to have that app myself, and have had the same thought/idea in the past.

Bam is onto something with the logmein app. You can control your home computer via smart phone or laptop at school, and control your home PC to do the crafting.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kinudig
Elder
Contributor

He is at that ë_O

/rubchin

the heck didn't I think of that?
Taldune

If you had watched the initial developer videos and discussions about the crafting you would know that. Part of the idea with the crafting is to eventually make it so you can send your companions out from anywhere anytime with a push from your smart phone or tablet.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19942-community-q-a-2-17-2012

Kinudig
Elder
Contributor

Ah-ha!

They stole my idea... b-before I even had it!

=p
Bam
BamWOOK
Guildmaster
Contributor

Taldune wrote:
If you had watched the initial developer videos and discussions about the crafting you would know that. Part of the idea with the crafting is to eventually make it so you can send your companions out from anywhere anytime with a push from your smart phone or tablet.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19942-community-q-a-2-17-2012

ya that's what the devs want, just not the lawyers.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum